Swimstars Learn to Swim Programme follows Swim England’s world-leading syllabus, which has been designed to ensure swimming lessons for all ages, meets a high and consistent standard.
Swimstars aims to engage and motivate children through fun lesson content, with clear structured goals. Children work towards a range of awards and badges which underpin the Swim England Programme.
- All teachers are ASA qualified (Swim England)
- All our teachers are DBS checked
- Swimstars programme runs 50 weeks a year (including Bank holidays with a break over Christmas)
- Lessons are 25 minutes or 55 minutes (for higher levels)
- Children are transferred from one grade to another as their level of ability improves
- Coloured hats are worn to reflect a child’s swimming ability. As your child progresses through the grades, they progress through the hat colours. Hats not only benefit the teacher by making individuals more visible in the water, they also help reduce drag, and encourage good pool hygiene
- Children are provided with their own Swim England progress book. This provides details about the 25 Swimming Awards at the heart of the Learn to Swim Framework
- All Swimstars students get FREE unlimited public swimming when lessons are paid for by direct debit
It’s the most successful programme of its kind in England with over 80% of swimming lessons following the programme. Developed by swimming experts, the framework also forms the cornerstone of curriculum swimming lessons in England.
Babies and Toddlers aged 0-5 years
Giving children confidence from the word go and teaching the core skills needed to learn the four strokes through fun and games
Learn To Swim Framework
Children from 4-11 years old. (Stages 1-8)
This class will develop fundamental movement skills. We will teach them to swim using the four strokes of front crawl, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly and encourage fun and enjoyment in the water to help children learn.
Aquatics Skills Framework
For competent swimmers (Stages 8-10)
In this class, we will focus on building the sport specific skills needed for competitive swimming, diving, synchronised swimming and water polo. We will extending the skills and abilities of young swimmers and introducing Rookie Lifesaving and snorkelling.